Feb 12, 2010


For the first time in this week, Adam went to bed at 9pm...and that I suppose is because he only had one hour nap this evening since I had to wake him up to fetch Wanis at the Lrt station. Plus, daddy is not at home to entertain him like usual...oh well, mommy is a bit strict when it comes to bed time..huhu..and a tad boring to play with..haha.
I have a routine (sort of) for Adam so that he gets enough rest and sleep but sometimes I do relent..a bit..especially during weekend when we usually go out. He'll have breakfast around 9 am after a bottle of milk, then plain water until afternoon when he eats his lunch..after lunch he'll be given fruits or pudding and a bottle of milk. He'll eats dinner at 8pm (which in my opinion is a bit late) and plain water and a bottle of milk before he sleeps. His previous baby sitter understand this routine and followed it so I don't really have problem with it. I draw a bold line at candy, carbonated drink and snack. Those are a very big and bold NO NO...call me rigid, call me boring..I'm doing this for my son health okay. But of course, I don't go and nag at people who give their children these..masing-masing up to their own la kan.
My parents brought us up with firmer rules than these. We went out to play at 6.30 pm and have to be back, bathed before the maghrib azan and perform solat together.We had dinner at about 7.45 or 8 pm, then do our homeworks or study. When i went to boarding school at the age of 13, I was used to these rules and I had no problem adjusting. Even the food yg we took also matter to my parents. We never had chance to enjoy snack before we were big enough to bought it on our own. We were given vitamins although my parents were not rich to splurge money on that..and my mom never screamed at us (although she nagged) when she was angry, rather she talked to us..bila tak dengar je yg kena cubitan sayang tu. Maybe itu yg 'mengikat' kami semua untuk tetap pulang walau apa pun.
I would like to raise my children with these values. For us who used to dined, to pray together, study and play together..we are very close with each other. And home is always the best place to go back to no matter where we are and my parents are the greatest best friend we ever have (for me apart from hubby of course).
Why would I want to write this? Because I'm worried..really. With what and with whom biarlah saya saja yg tahu. Saya tak mau mengata..saya juga ada anak..but I'll try my very best to raise him..insyaallah.



note: sometimes bila saya nag pada Adam itu ini..dia akan cakap, "Mommy bising la"..huhuhu..and he is just 2 years 10 months.


No comments: