Dec 16, 2009


Sometimes I feel at lost to deal with Adam. No matter how much I read, seeking for advices and opinions...there are times when my sanity and patience are being tested. I tried to understand his needs, his mood, his freedom but sometimes I'm too caught up with this annoying feeling that I'm not doing it right. How would you know what you're doing is right? What if it's not right for your kid although it worked well for other kids?
Everytime he did something wrong, instead of lashing out words of anger, we tried to talk and explain that it were wrong and he shouldn't do it. He used to listen and acknowledged but lately he would cry and refuse to listen.
Lately, instead of addressing himself as Adam to us...he's starting to use the word 'aku'...much to my frustration. I don't want to blame others but he is just a kid and others should know not to use improper words infront of him. We (hubby and I) even stop arguing or toned down our voices if we disagree with each other if he happened to be within the earshot. I even swallowed my *&^%$ words when I am with him.
Now I am afraid (yeah..call me pathetic, I don't care) to send him to play school next year. As much as I want him to learn to socialize and learn and make friends...I'm afraid of what he may gets other than the good things.
Last night daddy tried to make the word 'aku' disappear from his vocabulary but by using a method I personally disagree...but I didn't object...keen on making it disappear more than anything but believe me...when we go back today...we'll get to hear it back...hmmmm...
How to handle this ya????

1 comment:

Hannahadi76 said...

try to explain to him that the word is not appropriate. I've tried that with my kids and somehow it works. I dunno whether it will work out for adam but tak salah kalau cuba kan... sometimes diorang hanya perlu explanation utk setiap perkara.

Pasal playschool tu, jgn risau ye Jue... He is going to enjoy himself there and learn a lot of things selain drpd benda2 negative tu. But like Alilo, he loves his home better than school. What to do... hehehe