Dec 12, 2009

I had successfully endured (will this be the right expression?) one week of translation course. It is conducted at ITNM. For those interested, you may want to browse its' website (http://itnm.com.my/) for further information. It offers many courses which I find very useful and interesting for personal achievement (berguna juga untuk professional achievement). That was when I felt so small (literally and figuratively of course) when I realize that there are so many things I'm not aware off and things I always take for granted.
I've known for so long that my Bahasa Melayu is not something which I could be proud off (not when off handedly I would said, "Ramainya kereta hari ni") although it is my first language and as a native speaker, I should be very well versed with the language. I am not ashame to admit that I have to learn a lot for a polished Bahasa Melayu. Taklah pelik mana pun since the Mat and Minah Salleh also are not that good in proper English, I may add. The course lead me into a new perspective and I'm beginning to see hope with both languages (B.Melayu and English respectively)...other than hope for a career change also I may add.

Of late, I'm thinking seriously off setting up my own business (guess hubby's passion finally rub off somehow) where I could manage my family at the same time. I have another few years to go in the service and though many expressed their opinion that I would do well in the service, I don't expect more than getting one more rank promotion and annualy increment. I wouldn't say my wish to quit have anything to do with getting more money or being rich. I don't want to be filthy rich...I just want to be able to live comfortably without having to worry about money trouble and able to support those concerned in my life.

The translation course provide another aspect for me to consider. True enough that we have to take years and to be in the right path to be recognised as an established, good and favourite translator but it is not impossible. Nothins is impossible I gather if only we have preserverance and dedication and work hard...insyaallah.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

can u tell more about translation course?contents,purposes,who gives the lecture etc

letsshopping said...

suzie, it is offered by ITNM(i already link it so you could bowse it)at Wangsa Maju. The intensive class I'm following take 2 weeks from 9.000am to 5.30pm. The syllabus contents are very comprehensive to accommodate the length of the course. The cost is around RM1000. The lecturers are very well versed figure, well known for their works.You should try, it'll be worthwhile for your own knowledge if not career.

Suzie said...

u amek course yg mana satu ye?i dah glance thru web tu.kindly email me at suzianah@gmail.com

thanks!