Jan 5, 2011

Adam's First Day at GA

When I started my kindy years and first day of Year 1, my dad just left me at the school gate and I went back walking with others...which differ greatly from Adam situation. Of course, with the traffic, distance and these days crime rate..I will not let my son coming back walking with others. I started my kindy at the age of 6 years old whereas Adam starts his at 3 years 8 months...banyak bezanya kan?
Since I bought his uniform, I procastinated nak jahit seluar dia yg agak panjang. I ni bila menjahit je, mula la tegang otot bahu and leher..tu yg rasa malas aje. Since takde siapa yg nak jahit if I tak jahit, last night I jahit one of his pants..jahit satu dulu la kan...while doing it, I cakap dengan my sis, anak I unbelievable dah nak sekolah dah...hehe..rasa macam muda remaja lagi..
If mak aji yg jahit sure benangnya invisible aje and cute aje..but since anak mak aji yg jarang-jarang pegang needle ni jahit..dah la lama..nampak tak cute pun ada..hehe. I ironed his baju and pants with a thought..macamana ye nak 'lepaskan' Adam esoknye?..hehe..yesterday, I yg tak lena tidur you..

Awal pagi, I ada kerja di Embassy so terpaksa tinggalkan dia with sitter dulu. Masa I tengah siap, nampak dia kusyuk baca bedtime story book atas katil so I snap his picture. Our routine before doa tidur is bacakan dia one story per night..rasanya ada 3 stories lagi yg tinggal before we could move on to another book.
Dari Embassy, I have to 'run' like mad in order to fetch this guy from his sitter house and send him off to school. I do regret for not having a chance to put him on his uniform but nak buat macamana..at least I got a chance to hantar dia to school on his first day. On the way, I snap his picture for daddy and my parents to see...and having missing the moment.


This is while waiting for the other kids to being sent off first..I let him cool down and try to take away his anxiety.


Another few steps to start a new milestone...

He looked worry and nervous but he didn't cry..proud of him...so after kiss him goodbye and wish him good luck, I went away and saw him being led by another teacher to the class. I feel my baby is all grown up now and after letting his hand go..I know, Adam will be a different person already...soon, he'll have friends and teachers who will guide him and be part of his life..we are no more the only significant persons in his life..we have to share that part with others.
My sadness and proudness mixed into one huge emotion. I do pray Adam will become a good Caliph, a pious person and dutiful son as well as a smart boy..Insyaallah.
P.s Adam is very excited to go to school (he said this) and his school hour start from 1330 until 1530 until this friday and he'll come back at 1645 following monday.Be proud Daddy..this is our son!!

No comments: