Jan 22, 2012

POYO?

Few days ago while chatting with my sis while waiting for the traffic light to turn green,she mentioned about the word above.I know,I know,everybody know it but being me,I want to know what is the real meaning,origin and when we started using it. I asked her but she gave a vague answer as she was also unsure of the real meaning but still use it nontheless (as we all do all the time kan?) So,i use my finger to click on google (which rarely a disappointment) and few findings popped out.
But I am interested with this one url http://m.urbandictionary.com definition of POYO.
According to the website,Poyo has more than one meaning but in Malaysia's context,it is used to define a pretentious,fake,show off kind of person.AND it is an insulting word okay.Alamak!!So I have to ask for forgiveness from my friends whom I blatanly said as POYO.Though meant as a joke or friendly banter among friends, we don't know who may keep it personal. Friends,please forgive my ignorance and if I say it again,it surely mean Pay On Your Own okay.hahaha.smile and have a blasting Gong Xi Fa Chai.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

susumanis said...

haha..cute.... n being gemini sometimes we dont meant wat we said coz our sexy mouth speeding more than our brain..sometimes loh..hehehe